ADSM-L

IP pool buffers below threshold in errpt for css0

2002-10-07 12:56:42
Subject: IP pool buffers below threshold in errpt for css0
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:59:25 -0500
Hello *,

Has anyone seen this before &/or knows what I should change (maxbuf or a
vmtune -m) to make it go away?  I have been looking in the SP, PSSP, and
AIX performance books, and tried to find it on IBM's site, but no luck
other than I *think* I know what I am looking at,
i.e.,
This is telling me that there aren't enough buffers (as opposed to them not
being big enough) in the TCP/IP receive memory buffer.  And that this error
is occurring for communication across the switch.

I need one of you AIX super geniuses to help me out, please!

thanks
lisa

LABEL:          IP_POOL_BT_RE
IDENTIFIER:     454AAA48

Date/Time:       Sun Oct  6 23:00:39
Sequence Number: 10357
Machine Id:      000F964F4C00
Node Id:         scpm02
Class:           S
Type:            INFO
Resource Name:   css

Description
IP pool buffers below threshold

Probable Causes
Not enough pool buffers for workload

User Causes
None

        Recommended Actions
        Pool tuning required

Detail Data
Software ID String
LPP=PSSP,Fn
=../../../../../../src/ssp/css/ip/tb3pci/if_ls.c,SID=1.18,L#=3332
POOL NAME
recvpool
CURRENT POOL SIZE
00A0 0000