ADSM-L

Re: TDP and proper way to define "objects"

2002-10-07 09:26:31
Subject: Re: TDP and proper way to define "objects"
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:25:17 +0200
Hi Beatrice

I have the following recommendations, as to where things usually go wrong;

1. Check error log on the client (usually dsmerror.log - but can be
something you have specified yourself), and actlog on the server for more
information.
2. Is the scheduler on your Exchange-server running? Why not?
3. Under what user/permissions is your client scheduler for exchange
running? I usually run the client schedulers through the system account. Are
you sure the user you are using for the scheduler has necessary rights to do
an Exchange Backup. When you start a backup by manually running the cmd, you
run it as the user you logged into windows with.

Hope you can use this :-)

Rgds.
Geirr G. Halvorsen