ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 client error

2002-10-03 21:32:35
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 client error
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:30:23 +0000
Hot Diggety! Mavis Jenkins was rumored to have written:

> So far, we've installed the server & client on an RS6000 running AIX 4.3.3
> The server is working fine if I use a 4.2 client from another server  but
> if I use the 5.1 client installed on the same box as the TSM server, I get
> the following error when I try to run dsmc or dsmadmc:
>
> ANS0101E NLInit: Unable to open message repository 'dsmclientV3.cat'
>
> The file does exist and the NLSPATH points to the correct location.  LANG
> is set to en_US

What does your NLSPATH list? Should say something like this:

NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

Then, next question:

Do you have a 'dsmclientV3.cat' file here:

/usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/dsmclientV3.cat

or

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/en_US/dsmclientV3.cat

?

If it's a 32 bit TSM 5.1 client, you may want to see if this package
is installed with:

# lslpp -l tivoli.tsm.client.ba.aix43.32bit.common
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
                             5.1.1.5  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Backup/Archive
                                                 Common Files

-Dan