ADSM-L

Re: Withdrawal of 3570 Magstar

2002-09-28 17:34:05
Subject: Re: Withdrawal of 3570 Magstar
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:15:15 +0000
Hot Diggety! Emil S. Hansen was rumored to have written:

> How about setting the mount retention for the devclass to something like
> 10 to 30 mins? That will keep the tape mounted for at least 10 mins
> after the last access, so that if the tape is needed by the client it
> will likely still be mounted.

That's just the catch; mount retention was indeed set to 10 minutes.

Yet, according to q actlog, TSM 4.2 was in a big hurry to dismount it
for no apparent reason. I'm still rebuilding the 5.1 setup, and will
retry the same tests once ready.

-Dan