ADSM-L

HP UX Restore from one mountpoint to another mountpoint Question

2002-09-26 18:43:02
Subject: HP UX Restore from one mountpoint to another mountpoint Question
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:34:42 -0700
TSM Server 5.1.1.4, HP-UX Client 5.1.1.0

We've backed up a bunch of mountpoints:

/sapprd01/install
/sapprd01/db01

etc.  They are mountpoints on the original system.

At the DR site, we create a single filesystem/mountpoint:

/sapprd01

We would like to select some of the original mountpoints and restore them to
the new /sapprd01 mountpoint and preserve the directory structure.  We're
finding that the file in /install won't end up in a directory called install
at /sapprd01.

Must we have all of the original mountpoints established to make this work?
Is there a clever trick to help us out here?

Thanks gang.

Kelly J. Lipp
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
lipp AT storsol DOT com or kelly.lipp AT storserver DOT com
www.storsol.com or www.storserver.com
(719)531-5926
Fax: (240)539-7175