ADSM-L

TDP for R/3 - two sessions want access to same tape

2002-09-25 04:12:32
Subject: TDP for R/3 - two sessions want access to same tape
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:49:28 +1000
Dear All,

I'm using TDP for R/3 3.2.0.8 on AIX and I've configured the initXXX.utl
file to use 2 sessions.
My node has been configured on the server for a maximum number of mount
points of 2.

When running a brbackup 2 sessions are started - but they both want to
write to the same tape. The result of course is that one session is waiting
patiently (over an hour) for a specific tape which is busy being used by
the other session.
What's going on here? Any ideas?

Incidentally I'm backing up via the Storage Agent direct to tape.
Drivemapping has been performed for both drives.

Here are my sessions.

101,782 Tcp/Ip MediaW 1.8 H    2.9 K   4.0 G Node  TDP R3 AIX   GISR07_SAP
101,783 Tcp/Ip RecvW    0 S   10.8 K  70.0 G Node  TDP R3  AIX  GISR07_SAP

Any input welcome.

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia