ADSM-L

Re: starting TSM without it doing anything

2002-09-24 13:56:08
Subject: Re: starting TSM without it doing anything
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:51:02 -0400
Why not add DISABLESCHED YES to the DSMSERV.OPT file, log in and DISABLE
SESSIONS to keep others out.

Now this won't stop any migrations or reclamations from kicking off if the
thresholds have been exceeded, but no schedules will take off.

One of the steps in our disaster recovery instructions is to add the
DISABLESCHEDS YES to the server options file before starting it.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.