ADSM-L

SQL to find # of mounts for tapes?

2002-09-20 12:43:34
Subject: SQL to find # of mounts for tapes?
From: "Walker, Thomas" <Thomas.Walker AT EMICAP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:31:03 -0400
Hi there,

I need the gurus help on this. I know my 3494 library keeps track of how
many mounts each 3590 tape endures, but I was wondering if there was a way
through tsm to find that out as well, most likely I assume through TSM/SQL.
I'm looking for:

Number of mounts for each tape
Number of writing sessions to each tape (ie a backup or archive session, or
reclamation write)
Number of reading sessions from each tape (ie a restore session or a
reclamation read)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently running Server Version  4.1.5 on AIX 4.3.3 however I will soon
be migrating to 5.1.x

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Walker
212-408-8311
Unix Admin/TSM Admin
EMI Recorded Music, NA

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The
unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
forbidden.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Recorded Music, North America