ADSM-L

Re: serverfree - lanfree ?

2002-09-19 14:02:05
Subject: Re: serverfree - lanfree ?
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:52:49 -0700
LAN-free backup sends data across the FC SAN.
Serverless backup sends data directly from the storage (ESS or EMC
today) server to the tape drive bypassing the client and only sending
meta-data to the TSM server.

To run either of these backup methodologies I would recommend being on
the latest and greatest versions of the TSM client and server (5.1.1.x).

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark

AIX, HACMP, Storage, TSM Consultant