ADSM-L

serverfree - lanfree ?

2002-09-19 11:55:47
Subject: serverfree - lanfree ?
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:37:47 +0000
Hi All

Can someone please explain the difference between serverfree and lanfree
backup?

My understanding is that LAN free still involves the clients they just send
their data over the SAN, and Serverfree uses some method to backup without
involving the client.

What software/clients/agents do you need to achieve both of these solutions?

Working on a big implementation at the moment, including win2000, HSM, 2000
clusters, Exchange clusters new SAN, new storage etc etc etc.  I think you
going to be hearing a lot from me over the next couple of months, ! !!

Chris

Have a look at http://www.geocities.com/rees_chris