ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Pause Mode and TSM

2002-09-17 13:19:47
Subject: Re: 3494 Pause Mode and TSM
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:12:35 -0700
No you don't !
Many ways around this...
For each drive that isn't currently active (and one at a time) simply either
make it unavailable at the library manager OR delete it from TSM... then
perform the firmware upgrade to the drive, then bring it back (either make
it available again at the library manager or define it back to TSM)

Say you make it unavailable at the library manager and TSM needs a tape and
happens to try to select that drive...
No biggie, it simply jumps on down to the next drive and starts polling the
one drive that was unavail...
but I personally like to just delete a drive from tsm, do the code upgrade,
then define it back.

not required (that I've ever run into) but if you have any concerns you are
free to remove the device at the aix level & let cfgmgr find it again.

Now you are talking about the code loaded on the actual drives, correct !?!
        Device Specific.(FW)........A558
for example...if so, you should be good to go....

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103-4606