ADSM-L

DeviceIoControl: Win32 RC1 from FileOpen

2002-09-17 09:04:25
Subject: DeviceIoControl: Win32 RC1 from FileOpen
From: Michel Engels <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:01:10 +0100
Environment:

TSM Server: AIX with TSM V5.1.1.4
Client : W2K with TSM 5.1.1

Client is connected to an EMC NAS and used to backup the NAS

We obtain the message "FileOpen(): Unable to determine current compression state
of 'unc-name of file'. DeviceIoControl: Win32 RC=1" for every file that we want
to backup. Sometimes we see the message "GetDfsInfo(): EntryPath=unc-name of
file, Server(null), Share(null) NetDfsGetInfo() returns RC=1722

We use this client to be able to backup the datamover because the TDP apparently
does not yet support an EMC environment.

Did anyone experience the same problem?

Michel Engels
TSM Consultant
Devoteam Belgium