ADSM-L

recall task priority

2002-09-12 18:34:25
Subject: recall task priority
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:27:20 -0600
*SMers,

TSM Server 4.2.2.0 on AIX 4.3.  Three tape drives.  Two migration processes
running, one reclamation process pending, waiting for mount point.

Client requests restore of file.  Client message - "Data unavailable to
server."  Server activity log message - "ANR0567W Retrieve or restored
failed for session nnnn node xxxxxx - insufficient mount points available
to satisfy the request."

I thought client recall requests always supercede migrate and reclaim
processes, wherein a drive would be made available to satisfy the
recall.  Is there parameter I need to set to achieve this?  I don't
remember this happening with earlier server versions.

I placed a call to tivoli support, and have waited two hours for a return
call.  Meantime, thought I would put this one to the user forum.

Thank you.  John