ADSM-L

Re: SCRIPT FOR df -k ALERTS ATTACHED

2002-09-12 13:24:12
Subject: Re: SCRIPT FOR df -k ALERTS ATTACHED
From: David Stabler <dstabler AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:10:50 -0400
Well, it doesn't, as it stands....

CD's, mounted, will appear with a device that is consistent.  In AIX
that device would be /dev/cdX.  You could change the grep -v "^Filesys"

egrep -v "^Filesys|^/dev/cd[0-9]"

That'd do it.

-drs-

David Stabler, CATE/AIX, CNCE
Senior Systems Analyst

>>> andrew.young AT CIS.CO DOT UK 09/12/02 10:50AM >>>
David,

How does this handle mount CD's as they show up as 100% used on the df
command?

                    David Stabler
                    <dstabler@MORRISON       To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    HOMES.COM>               cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Re: SCRIPT
FOR df -k ALERTS ATTACHED
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    12/09/02 12:44
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

> praveenkumark AT VYSBANK DOT COM wrote on 09/12/02 02:58AM
> .if someone can help me in completing this task using a single
> script it would be helpful....

How about....... (assuming you have /bin/ksh)

#!/bin/sh
#
# this program scans the filesystems for ones that exceed a maximum
# percentage used.  The parameter is set inline, but could be called
# as a passed parameter, but the command below would need to be
# changed to MAXPCT=${1}
#
# set MAXPCT to size to watch for
#
MAXPCT=80
#
# run df command, remove line starting with "Filesys..." as it isn't a
filesystem but
# a header.  Read the input values for reuse in output commands in a
loop that
# runs until we are out of filesystems to scan.
#
# ASSUMPTION: output of df-k command looks like this:
# /dev/lvname  blocksize  freeblocks   pctused  inodes_used
pctinodes_used mountpoint
#
#
df -k | grep -v "^Filesys" | \
   while read lvol size free pctu iused piused filesys
   do
#
# in order to strip off the %, make it  the 'input field seperator',
which means
# that the first value will be the actual number.  Using a variable
inline like this
# only sets it for the program running, so the IFS is only temporarily
set to %
# and only for the read process...
#
     echo ${pctu} | IFS=% read pctval etc
#
# test to see if too big....
#
     if [ ${pctval} -gt ${MAXPCT} ]; then
        echo "${filesys} exceeds ${MAXPCT}% used (${pctval})"
#
# additional information could be printed, like the logical volume
information,
# free space, etc....but, we won't do it just  yet.  Later revision,
maybe.
#
     fi
   done
exit 0

David Stabler, CATE/AIX, CNCE
Senior Systems Analyst

This e-mail may contain confidential information or be privileged. It
is intended to be read and used only by the named recipient(s). If you
are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us immediately so that
we can make arrangements for its return: you should not disclose the
contents of this e-mail to any other person, or take any copies. Unless
stated otherwise by an authorised individual, nothing contained in this
e-mail is intended to create binding legal obligations between us and
opinions expressed are those of the individual author.

The CIS marketing group, which is regulated for Investment Business by
the Financial Services Authority, includes:
Co-operative Insurance Society Limited Registered in England number
3615R - for life assurance and pensions
CIS Unit Managers Limited Registered in England and Wales number
2369965  - for unit trusts and PEPs
CIS Policyholder Services Limited Registered in England and Wales
number 3390839 - for ISAs and investment products bearing the CIS name
Registered offices: Miller Street, Manchester M60 0AL   Telephone
0161-832-8686   Internet  http://www.cis.co.uk   E-mail cis AT cis.co DOT uk

CIS Deposit and Instant Access Savings Accounts are held with The
Co-operative Bank p.l.c., registered in England and Wales number 990937,
P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester M60 4EP, and administered by
CIS Policyholder Services Limited as agent of the Bank.

CIS is a member of the General Insurance Standards Council

CIS & the CIS logo (R) Co-operative Insurance Society Limited