ADSM-L

Question on mgmt for TDP for ORACLE running RMAN

2002-09-12 09:41:52
Subject: Question on mgmt for TDP for ORACLE running RMAN
From: Justin Case <justin.case AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:39:06 -0400
Ha! one more question or verification for default mgmt  for TDP  for ORACLE
running RMAN

I have it set up as listed below that since ORACLE TDP uses unique name
convention
does this retention keep one copy of the data  or should I update the
Retain Extra Versions to 30
to keep a copy for 30 days then does TSM delete the 31st copy on day 31 ?

Policy      Policy      Mgmt        Copy        Versions   Versions
Retain    Retain
Domain      Set Name    Class       Group           Data       Data
Extra      Only
Name                    Name        Name          Exists    Deleted
Versions   Version
ORACLE_D-   ACTIVE      ORACLE_MG   STANDARD           1          0
0         0
 OM

The admin guide has the setting I have currently listed above but the
Oracle DBA's want to be able to restore  back 30 days.
Thanks

Justin