ADSM-L

non-tivoli script calls, problems with narrow select....

2002-09-11 16:09:27
Subject: non-tivoli script calls, problems with narrow select....
From: David Stabler <dstabler AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:05:22 -0400
I've been looking at old messages in adsm.org, but haven't seen a
satisfactory answer to my problem...

I'm writing a shell script to look at the processes running on the
system.  When I select process from processes, the width is set at 18
characters.  If I cast it larger, nothing seems to happen.  If I select
as "XXXXXXXXXX" where "X" is repeated 18+N (N>0) times, I get an error
stating it can't be larger than 18 characters wide....

Is there a satisfactory way (no, creating individual scripts to "run"
for each command with wide output isn't acceptable, I'm afraid) to make
this happen?  I can't make the sqldisplaymode stick, as it is session
bound, but that's the functionality I need to duplicate.

Thanks!

-drs-

David Stabler, CATE/AIX, CNCE
Senior Systems Analyst