ADSM-L

New performance options in TSM5.1

2002-09-10 09:24:17
Subject: New performance options in TSM5.1
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:20:20 -0400
Has anyone done any performance comparisons with the new options for AIX:
AIXASYNCIO and AIXDIRECTIO? I was reading the TSM Technical Guide redbook
and the 'restrictions' on the AIXDIRECTIO that the filesystem must not be
large file enabled and a "volume" can't be more than 2GB in size.

I was wondering if having to re-do my filesystems to use AIXDIRECTIO was
worth the bother.

Maybe this would be a good SHARE presentation for someone...??

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.