ADSM-L

Files Missing in TSM Client

2002-09-09 10:32:39
Subject: Files Missing in TSM Client
From: Phillip Wise <pwise AT NCFBINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:35:11 -0400
I have a W2K server that I loaded the backup client (5.1) on.  When I
open the backup client, and select the files to backup, not all files
are visible in the window.  Specifically, I can't backup ntoskrnl from
the \winnt\system32 directory.  It is not visible in the window to
select, and it is not backed up when I perform a backup of that
directory.  When I backup the folder, I get a few errors on some files
(registry and profile), which I expect, but there is no error on
ntoskrnl.  It's like it's invisible to TSM, even though I can see it and
copy it using windows explorer.

Have you seen this before?  Thanks.
Phillip