ADSM-L

Re: NAS backup

2002-09-06 19:58:48
Subject: Re: NAS backup
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:51:06 -0700
The NDMP specification contains a lot of latitude which means that TSM's
NDMP code must be customized and tested for the NDMP implementation of each
supported NAS vendor.  Currently, TSM only supports NDMP backup of Network
Appliance devices, although we plan to expand that support in the future.

The following link provides further information on the NDMP support in TSM.
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tdp_ndmp.html

>From previous posts, it appears that the TSM support organization may have
provided incorrect information on this subject.  I apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused, and will advise the support team that
TSM does not work with all NDMP-compliant NAS devices.

Dave Cannon
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
Tivoli Storage Products, IBM Software Group
dcannon AT us.ibm DOT com