ADSM-L

file size/locations on tapes

2002-09-06 13:29:08
Subject: file size/locations on tapes
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:42:47 -0700
I've been asked if there is a way to query the TSM database for a specific
file and have TSM list the file size and what tapes it is on for both
offsite and onsite volumes. An impossibility or can it really be done? If so
anyone got a select for it? I know I can set the options file to log all the
files sent but how can I compare that file size to what is on tape, or can
I?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154