ADSM-L

Re: How to force a migrate

2002-09-06 13:05:11
Subject: Re: How to force a migrate
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:23:20 -0400
If you set highmigration=0, a bad thing happens when some user tries to do a
mnual backup midday.  The first byte that lands in the pool triggers a
migration.  That ends very quickly, the nthe second byte (OK I exaggerate a
bit) starts a new migration...

The effect is that the TSM server thrashes madly starting and stopping
migrations.
So we suggest highmigration=5 lo=0.

Mr. Lindsay Morris
CEO, Servergraph