ADSM-L

TDP Domino 1.1.2 with Baclient 4.2.1.20 TSM Server 5.1.1

2002-09-05 21:31:00
Subject: TDP Domino 1.1.2 with Baclient 4.2.1.20 TSM Server 5.1.1
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit.mv AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:22:35 +0200
Hi TSM' ers
Environment: W2k Domino Server
                           AIX 4.3.3. Tsm 5.1.1 Server
                           Baclient 4.2.1.20
                           TDP 1.1.2.0

We changed the TSM server for our Domino test machine which had the above client
versions from a 4.3.3 AIX TSM 4.2.1.9 server to a TSM 5.1.1 server.
When I tried to get a connect to the TSM server the server responded that the
client level (API) was  downlevel. It was not possible to get a connect at all,
the TSM server alwas rejected the session. To get it to work I had to install
the 5.1.x.x baclient.

My question is does that mean if you upgrade to TSM server 5.1.xx you have to
update all your baclients to run the TDP for Domino as well.
There is no newer versions of the TDP available to test and if that is true that
is really not acceptable, is it?
Or is that only a bug in the 4.2.1.20 and it is OK with the 4.2.1.32 version. (
just as bad)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit

Bayer AG
IM-CTS-PSO-SBB
Leverkusen, W  5
Tel.: +49(0)214/30-71254
Fax:  +49(0)214/30-9671254
E-Mail:  markus.veit.mv AT bayer-ag DOT de
Internet :  http://www.bayer-ag.de