ADSM-L

AS400 performance stats

2002-09-05 04:08:36
Subject: AS400 performance stats
From: "Leijnse, Finn F SITI-ITDSES31" <finn.leijnse AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:45:39 +0200
Hi,

Does anyone who has experience with AS400 TSM clients that are connected
through a Gb ethernet link to a RS6000 TSM server want to share with me his
backup performance statistics.
At the moment we are still in a test phase but we have only managed to get 6
GB an hour. The problem is that the new systems will be larger then 650GB
each so if we want to use TSM as a backup solution we will have to reach
much higher speeds.

met vriendelijke groeten, regards et salutations,
Finn Leijnse

ITDSES/31 - Central Data Storage Management
Shell Information Tech. International
Postbus 1027, 2265 BD Leidschendam
mail: finn.leijnse AT shell DOT com