ADSM-L

Re: ODBC access to TSM from VBScript

2002-09-04 09:12:03
Subject: Re: ODBC access to TSM from VBScript
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:06:50 -0400
Peter,
I just read your questions and it's very interesting for me, too. Can
you share with me how you configue ODBC to use with Excel? I'm kind of
new on ODBC. Thanks.

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
System Admin/Tivoli
Data Center
614-287-2496/5922
614-287-5488 Fax
jbaechi AT cscc DOT edu

>>> pebjn AT WMDATASDC DOT DK 09/04/02 08:27AM >>>
Has anybody actually had any success in accessing the TSM database from
VBScript piece of code (running as asp in IIS) on a Win2K machine via
the
ODBC connection ?

I have installed the ODBC driver from the TSM 4.2 CD and configured an
ODBC
datasource with a  DSN pointing to the TSM server.

I know the ODBC DSN works because I can use Excel, MSQuery and Lotus
Approach to extract data
from the TSM database without any problems.

But what I will really like is to get it to work from VBScript.
So far I have not been successful in doing that.
All the examples I have found about how to access an ODBC datasource
from
VBScript
have ended in miscelaneous errors.

Has anybody done a similar thing from VBScript and how did you do it ?
A few lines of example code would of course be wonderful.

Regards

Peter