ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 9

2002-09-03 08:51:44
Subject: Re: Solaris 9
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:26:44 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
John Bremer
> Some of our users are asking about a Solaris 9 TSM client?  It is not yet
> listed at the support system page.
>
> Anyone have an idea about when support for this will be available?  Any
> experience with the current TSM Solaris client on 9?

>From http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adclsuns.htm:

No currently available version of the TSM client for Solaris supports
Solaris version 9. That's not to say that you couldn't get it to work, but
Tivoli does not officially support it, and will tell you so when you seek
help for it. You probably already know this. Why not try it yourself, and
tell us all how it came out?

IBM/Tivoli employees who are participants in this list will not be able to
make any official announcements or pronouncements about Solaris 9, so all
the responses you'll most likely get here will be about worth the electrons
it took to send the message to you. Relax, and it'll be here when it's here.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE