ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino ACD5704E error

2002-09-02 04:49:19
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino ACD5704E error
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:13:14 +0200
Just a thought, wasnt an earlier discusson thread mentioning that diskpool
should have some sort  of RAID since we are responsible of all backed up
data. No matter of performance issues...

//Henrik

                    Del Hoobler
                    <[email protected]        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BM.COM>              cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: TDP for Domino
ACD5704E error
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-08-30
                    20:01
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

> A while back we had a disk failure on our TSM server and lost some
> transactionlog files from a TDP backup.  We now have have a hole in our
> restore window because the server can't find one of the logs that was
> lost.
>
> Is there any way around this problem?  I would guess not, but it's worth
> try.

Marc,

You will be able to restore data up to that "hole".
Use the point in time option on the activate applylogs step.

Just like any transaction log architecture, for any transaction
to be applied, it requires transactions prior to it be applied.

If you had a backup of the TSM Server, you could restore it
and get back your data that lost.  Without obtaining the
lost data, any data in transaction logs AFTER the transaction
log that was lost is useless.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.

this message.
Thank you.