ADSM-L

Re: TSM and HSM

2002-08-30 04:23:20
Subject: Re: TSM and HSM
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:13:42 +0200
On vrijdag, augustus 30, 2002, at 12:35 , Mark D. Rodriguez wrote:

Curtis,
The newer version of TSM/hsm are supported for AIX. Solaris and HP/UX
clients and the can be managed by any TSM server.  As mentioned earlier
OTG (now a Lagato company) has DiskXtender 2000 which suports NT and
W2K clients.
I hope that's what you are looking for.
--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

AFAIK HSM on Solaris is only supported on VxFS filesystems, not on UFS.

We use HSM on AIX al lot and it is quite stable. We have been using the
'migration requires backup' server option to force HSM files to also
have a proper backup, reducing the risk of data-loss, though we have
never actually needed to restore anything because HSM failed.

---
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams