ADSM-L

Re: Help on TSM Policy Design

2002-08-30 03:29:28
Subject: Re: Help on TSM Policy Design
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:32:13 +0200
Hi,

in addition to fine Steve´s reply,
there is one easily overlooked argument about what
is far from perfect perfect with with monthly backups:
low resolution on time axis.
This means, even if you have monthly backup from august the 1.st,
you do not have any files which changed on on september the 2.nd, 3rd etc.

This is why TSM´s policy approach based on # of file versions changed
ist often superior to classic policies,
which are often based on capabilities/limitations of classical backups,
not on business needs.

If this is not valid argument in your environment,

regards
Juraj Salak