ADSM-L

Re: Exchange bases ...

2002-08-29 18:05:32
Subject: Re: Exchange bases ...
From: "Stewart, Curtis" <Curtis.Stewart AT GOODRICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:45:52 -0500
I don't think the TDP for Exchange supports backing up individual mailboxes.
Other backup applications, ArcServe2000 for instance, do this. However, it
takes considerable time since it has to log into the mailbox and backup
individual messages. I've never done it, but I hear it's flaky at best. If
you need to backup the mailbox, how about exporting it to a .PST file and
backing that up, or burning it to a CD.

curtis stewart