ADSM-L

Re: Moving Stgpools question

2002-08-29 14:51:05
Subject: Re: Moving Stgpools question
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:39:09 -0500
Set the pool you want to move the data to as the next storage pool and then
use migration to move the data to that pool.
Jim Sporer

At 12:50 PM 8/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I have several storage pools in my environment and I would like to consolidate
them all into one storage pool (same dev type). My question is , is there any
easy way to do this or do I have to do a "move data $volume
stg=newstgpool" for
each volume of every storage pool? I guess I could write a script to do it
but I
was hoping there was a was to move a full storage pool with one command....Any
help would be  appreciated..

Dave Gratton
IBM Global Services