ADSM-L

Re: missing volumes

2002-08-29 11:29:11
Subject: Re: missing volumes
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:47:00 -0500
Henrik, what platform are you running on?

I used to the 'checkin libv library search=bulk checklabel=barcode stat=pri'
and then pull the ANR8430I messages from the log, strip the volume (third
field) out and generate the 'upd vol XXXXXX acce=readw' commands to run
through a batch process.

Now I've got a perl script that tails the log and updates the volume as soon
as the checkin completes. I discovered a long time ago what you are running
into, and quit using wildcards on checkin scripts.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc