ADSM-L

Oracle TDP file space deletion quesiton

2002-08-28 19:58:01
Subject: Oracle TDP file space deletion quesiton
From: Bernie M <borismilo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:45:12 -0700
Hi all
Recently I upgraded from Oracle/ebu/adsm connect to
Oracle/rman/TDP to TSM. One thing that I found was
that the ebu software stopped working for one reason
or other after the upgrade but I still have all the
old file spaces associated with the EBU backups.

I created new client nodes for my Oracle backups and
was about to delete the old ebu based nodes but wanted
to be sure that deleting them and their associated
filespaces was going to free up my library tapes? If
not, how do I go about this since I can no longer use
ebu to carry out this function?

Thanks
Boris