ADSM-L

Very small server to server volumes

2002-08-28 06:44:14
Subject: Very small server to server volumes
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit.mv AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:24:47 +0200
Hi TSM'er
2 x TSM Server 4.2.1.9
OS W2k SP2

we have on both  servers a  server to server  copy storagepool, as well as a
local copy storagepool.
One of the servers keeps generating server to server volumes that look like
this.

BY0O83.BFS.026016225      CP_TO_CROSS  LTOCROSSD-        1.0   76.2    Full
BY0O83.BFS.027744232      CP_TO_CROSS  LTOCROSSD-        0.5   64.6    Full
 this means that the estimated capacity of that volume is 0.5 MB and is used
64.6%, the volume contains data.
The space reclamation doesn't seem to work. ( it should, shouldn't it). The
volumes are set to be 10GB.

When I try to do a move data on a volume I get the following message.
 ANR1145W Move data process terminated for volume
  BY0O83.BFS.026585208 - insufficient number of mount
  points available for removable media.

Anyone got an idea what that could be, or which strategy I can use to have a
copy storagepool at a different site.
I was thinking of something like library sharing. Anyone got any exoirience with
library sharing?
Thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit

Bayer AG
IM-CTS-PSO-SBB
E-Mail:  markus.veit.mv AT bayer-ag DOT de
Internet :  http://www.bayer-ag.de