ADSM-L

backup storge pool

2002-08-26 12:28:19
Subject: backup storge pool
From: Rob Schroeder <robs AT FAMOUSFOOTWEAR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:13:12 -0500
I want to make off site copies of my storage pool for the obvious reasons.
I currently have about 100 3590E tapes that I need to initially duplicate
and then plan on doing a backup storage pool everyday and send those tapes
off site.  It is my understanding that to start this whole process I need
to do a backup storage pool which will copy all 100 tapes.  My question is
whether I can cancel that backup command and have it again restart where it
left off.  I need all my tape drives from 8:00pm to 8:00 am for backups and
it will take much longer than the remaining 12 hours to duplicate that
data.

Thanks

Rob Schroeder
Famous Footwear