ADSM-L

Some TSM/Networker Questions

2002-08-26 12:28:14
Subject: Some TSM/Networker Questions
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:57:58 +0200
Hi *SM-ers,

When compiling the document "Comparing TSM 5.1 and Legato Networker 6" I was
not able to answer the following questions:

*       Does Networker support server scripts?
*       What tape format does TSM use? (Networker uses XDR RFC 1014)?
*       Can I integrate Networker with the Tivoli Enterprise Console (TEC)?
*       TSM server is now supported on Linux for Intel. What distributions
are supported?
*       What languages does Legato support for the Backup Client?

The biggest difference between TSM and Networker can be seen when you
compare the ROI.
There were some very good presentations during the IBM Software Symposium
this year in Vienna. Is it possible to distribute this presentations as a
whole or just parts of them?

Version 2 of this comparison will be available at
http://www.autovault.org/discus/index.html / TSM Scripts / Other in a few
days.

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp