ADSM-L

Re: how to schedule the reclamation

2002-08-25 18:52:46
Subject: Re: how to schedule the reclamation
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:49:19 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Abdulaziz Almuammar
> I would like to schedule the reclamation proccess i.e. make the
> reclamation happen based on the scheduled command.
> could you please tell me how to do it?
> i scheduled an administrator command: UPDATE STGPOOL autopool
> reclaim=60 and UPDATE STGPOOL autopool reclaim=61
> every day. is this right?

You've got half of the problem solved. You should be running two commands
per storage pool to be reclaimed:

        upd stgpool <stgpool_name> reclaim=60

when you want reclamation to start, followed by

        upd stgpool <stgpool_name> reclaim=100

when you want it to stop. (It will stop sooner than the scheduled time if it
finishes first.)

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE