ADSM-L

Re: Looking for some reassurance

2002-08-25 17:15:47
Subject: Re: Looking for some reassurance
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:17:54 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Fred Johanson
> But I do have a large number of unwanted archive files on the
> offsite pool, and the reclamation process has tended to clump them on a
few
> tapes which never get reclaimed.  I would think that a simple "del vol
> vol_offsite discarddat=y" will get rid of the offenders while leaving the
> primary copy intact.  But I certainly don't want to try it if it's going
to > zap some wanted files.

> Am I correct that this is harmless???

Yes, you can run

  del volume <volume_name> discarddata=yes

as long as you know you don't want ANY files contained in that volume. Also,
if you know the server and filespace the unwanted files belong to, you can
run

  del filesp <node_name> <filespace_name> type=archive

Warning: this will get rid of all archives for that node's filespace.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE