ADSM-L

Re: Monthly Domino TDP Backups Expiring Early

2002-08-23 07:06:02
Subject: Re: Monthly Domino TDP Backups Expiring Early
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:00:40 -0400
> Do I really need a separate node to do my monthly backups (with a new
MC)?
> Or can I use the same node as my incrementals?

Rodolfo,

You will need a separate node if you want the backups
to have different management classes.
Otherwise, when you make a new backup with a different
management class, it will rebind all of your previous
backups to the management class of the current backup.
This is nothing new...this is standard TSM policy management.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.