ADSM-L

Re: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-22 21:59:01
Subject: Re: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:50:33 -0400
Tab,

I think the webadmin would be sufficient for a
new admin on a new installation.  The first complaints
about the web were lack of filtering when working with nodes;
Wanda cited her 450 nodes.  I gave up on the webadmin looong ago
since I have 1,600 nodes.  But a new server would start at 0 nodes
so the problem with it wouldn't appear for a while and
maybe by then the new admin will be up to speed with other tools
and the cmdline.  So I don't think new sites are a target for
a priced admin gui.

Just my $.02,

Bill

Bill Colwell