ADSM-L

Win2k client - specifying a specific ethernet adapter

2002-08-22 16:28:07
Subject: Win2k client - specifying a specific ethernet adapter
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:20:35 -0400
Our environment:
TSM 4.2 on AIX 5.1
1 100mb ethernet to Cisco 6509 connected to our production network
2 gigE to Cisco 6509 on a dedicated backup vlan

We have always backed up our Intel servers over the production network, using
the gig ports for some of our Oracle data on HP-UX.  Now the serv team is
willing to put in a 2nd nic on new Win2k server builds, for TSM backups.  In
the HP-UX environment, we control this using multiple stanzas in the dsm.sys
file, and the dba's specify the one they want in their scripts.  In the Win2k
environment, where we want all TSM backup/restore going through the 2nd nic, is
it just a matter of specifying the tcpclientaddress=xxx.xx.xx.xx in the
dsm.opt, or is there more to it?  Also, is there anything special I need to do
so any backups/restores done through the client web gui use the 2nd nic as well?

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer
Haworth, Inc
Steve.Schaub AT Haworth DOT com