ADSM-L

sql wildcard learning opportunities

2002-08-22 15:07:31
Subject: sql wildcard learning opportunities
From: horse <horse AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:51:35 -0500
Hi *,
env:
7026-H70
AIX: 433_ML_08
TSM SERVER: 4.2.1.15

 Help in select statement NOT working with wildcard search.
 Dug thru the adsm.org and the NONE of my 'wildcard' searchs are working.
 First ex. works but is utilizing the full hostname.
 Running variations according to descriptions on adsm.org....

 Am using the 'right tick' NOT the `left tick` in all ex. utilized...

WORKING:
select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like
'ERANCH'
> Full list is displayed.

NOT WORKING:
select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like 'E%'
> ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.

select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like '%E%'
> ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.

select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like
'%ER%' > ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.

 These last two are from my own weak mind:

select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like 'E*'
> ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.

select node_name,filespace_name from filespaces where node_name like 'E@'
> ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.

 Is there a 'fix' for this that I am overlooking???

 Pls help, thx.....

lt