ADSM-L

Re: changing node from collocated to non-collocated storage

2002-08-22 12:11:54
Subject: Re: changing node from collocated to non-collocated storage
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:00:49 -0500
Hi,
do you want to change just one client? If so you have it right, but stop after
step 1, unless you really want to move the current files from collocate to
non-collocated.

Why would you touch the offsite storage pool? Don't confuse a node with
different storage pools. The collocate option is for storage pools not nodes.
Consequently though, I would think that you really want your OFFSITE storage
pools to non-collocated. If you do change the OFFSITE storage pool that will
affect all your nodes.

I'm also thinking that could be simpler, just change your storage pools. If
your storage pools are currently collocated and you want them not so, then use:
ups stg col=no. Then slowly the data will be move around.

I would think that a typical TSM set up would have onsite storage pools
collocated and OFFSITE storage pools non-collocated.

Miles

>>> rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM 22-Aug-02 10:08:56 AM >>>
Hi all

Just wanted to double check this procedure for converting a client from
collocated to non-collocated storage.

a)  change include option to point to non-collocated management class
b)  for the clients onsite collocated storage volumes, use
    move data "volname" stgpool="3590NCPOOL"  (non-collocated pool)
c)  delete the clients offsite collocated volumes
d)  backup onsite noncollocated storage pool to offsite non collocated
storage pool

Is there anything I've missed here?

Cheers

Chris