ADSM-L

Re: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours

2002-08-22 08:17:26
Subject: Re: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:13:54 -0300
Depends on what the data is. It takes me almost 72 hours to backup 140G
of a cyrus mail store. 6 million files takes a while to backup without
any journalling. :-)

Sascha Braeuning wrote:
Hi,

what is your opinion about backing up or restoring 300GB data with TSM
within 12 hours from one client? Possible or not? Do I have to use a SAN
that I get acceptable transfer rates? If there is anybody out there who
backs up such a big amount of data:

How is your "TSM"-area constructed? (e.g. Server-type, LAN, SAN ...)

MfG
Sascha Brduning

Sparkassen Informatik, Fellbach

OrgEinheit: 6322
Wilhelm-Pfitzer Str. 1
70736 Fellbach

Telefon:   (0711) 5722-2144
Telefax:   (0711) 5722-1630

Mailadr.:  sascha.braeuning AT sparkassen-informatik DOT de