ADSM-L

Re: Moving tivoli's database (UNIX)

2002-08-21 17:48:29
Subject: Re: Moving tivoli's database (UNIX)
From: Steve Argersinger <sargersi AT RUAN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:45:52 -0500
First of all, I think it's extremely tight to get it done at all.  I don't
know that I understand the need for moving it to rootvg, as it's just going
to make your mksysb's run longer.  You also don't necessarily want to run
yourself completely out of disk in rootvg.  After all, you might want to
apply ML10 sometime soon.  Finally, you could try and run a commit on your
software if you're comfortable with your environment.  That will get rid of
the save files and potentially give you more room in /usr.

That being said, it doesn't appear to me that you'll have enough room.
Doing a defrag doesn't look like it will buy you enough, and reducing / and
/usr only buys you 1.8gb (unless they're mirrored).  Add the 2gb you have
free to that, and it looks like you're short.

Short version..you need more disk.

Steve Argersinger
Ruan Transportation