ADSM-L

Re: Override include-exclude list in Unix-client for one session

2002-08-21 16:43:09
Subject: Re: Override include-exclude list in Unix-client for one session
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:45:04 -0400
It means that they are treated as if you had deleted the file from your
file system: the backup version would be marked INACTIVE, and all existing
backup versions will be deleted from the TSM server database per the
management class/copygroup retention settings.

Whether this is acceptable to you is your decision. Personally, I would
not manage my backup versions of existing files in this manner, as it is
risky at best, and is not how TSM was intended to be used.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT QUADPRO.STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
08/21/2002 13:11