ADSM-L

Re: dsmc output - WINDOWS

2002-08-21 16:31:56
Subject: Re: dsmc output - WINDOWS
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:31:20 -0400
To this date I have seen no documentation on the -outfile parameter for
dsmc. However, you can redirect output in any version of window$.

In a command file (or batch file for older window$ versions):

set DSM_DIR=c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient
set DSM_CONFIG=%DSM_DIR%\dsm.opt
%DSM_DIR%\dsmc -id=%dsm_admin% -password=%dsm_pw% restore c:\* -subdir=yes
-pick -ina >picklist.txt

This will place the inventory of a client into the picklist.txt file of the
current directory.

John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com