ADSM-L

New instance of TSM using ACSLS

2002-08-19 23:54:04
Subject: New instance of TSM using ACSLS
From: "Shaul, Mike" <mshaul AT MGMMIRAGE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:06:29 -0700
We installed a second instance of TSM today, and moved a drive over to the
new instance for testing purposes, and I have a few questions that I hope
someone can answer.

1) Does the new instance have to have its own library, or can it share the
existing library. We currently have 2 TSM libraries and 2 Powderhorn Silos.
1 library each.

2) The drive that was moved to the new instance does not see any scratch
tapes that were entered into ACSLS.  ACSLS sees the tapes, but the new
instance of TSM doesn't.
Did we miss some configuration?

3) Our database is over 155gb.  We are running W2K in a clustered
environment, How many TSM instances would be recommended, and how should we
split up our clients to get the best performance.  We have multiple
platforms that are being backed up.  (SCO, AIX, W2K/NT, Tandem, AS400)
Approximately 266 clients.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mike Shaul