ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Upgrade to 5.1

2002-08-19 20:24:04
Subject: Re: TSM Server Upgrade to 5.1
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:10:54 -0700
1.  Never run from the virgin CD-release -- always check this list for
issues not documented in the README files;
2.  Read (completely) and follow instructions in the README files and
QUICK-Start manual -- it's all laid out there, just gotta read (and know
what you are reading!).

For 5.1.x, 5.1.1.5 is the current patch level I recommend (else, summary
tables don't have all the data I need to do my job!).

5.1.5 was recently announced, ETA around October.  I'd stay with your 4.2,
maybe upgrade to 4.2.2.5 (I like that patch level on 4.2, especially with
STK SN6000, PowderHorn 9940's and ACSLS in the environment).

Hope this helps.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)