ADSM-L

Re: last sunday of the month

2002-08-19 15:08:00
Subject: Re: last sunday of the month
From: Jane Bamberger <jane.bamberger AT BASSETT DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:07:35 -0400
Hi,

This is from the Unix Tip of the Day from Unix.ugu:

RUN ON LAST SUNDAY

If you want a job to run on the last
Sunday of every month, you can use
the following syntax from within cron:

18 * * * 0 [`date "+%d"` -gt 24] && /path/to/script

i.e. on sundays at 18:00 check if
the day of the month is greater than
24 - if so run the job (if 23 is
specified the job will run on the last
2 sundays of the month)

NOTE: There back-ticks around the date
command, not single quotes.

This tip generously supported by: duncan.ferguson AT egg DOT com

This is for using cron - but could be adapted to almost anything.

Jane
Jane Bamberger
IS Department
Bassett Healthcare