ADSM-L

Re: RESTORING TO FOREIGN HARDWARE (DIFFERENT RAID CONTROLLERS)

2002-08-16 18:27:50
Subject: Re: RESTORING TO FOREIGN HARDWARE (DIFFERENT RAID CONTROLLERS)
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:28:01 -0700
If your backup data was done using 4.2 or later, Wanda's recovery document
(for a basic server) should work fine;  you do a basic/minimal operating
system install, including the device specific drivers, then fully restore
boot-system drive (C:, right?), do not re-boot until System Objects are
restored.

BUT NOTE: There is an APAR for this issue, as well; IC34015 which has to do
with restoring/not-restoring device specific keys (such as the case you
describe)...
"This affects 4.2 and 5.1 TSM Clients on Windows 2000 and XP."

Hope this helps.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)